When it comes to your health, knowledge is power. Unfortunately, so many people feel overwhelmed with the plethora of information, misinformation and conflicting reports that they simply don’t know where to turn.
The UCF Pegasus Health Seminar Series was developed to help bridge the gap between medical science and useful information consumers can consider when making informed decisions.
The series is free to the public and begins in October. All sessions will be held at UCF Pegasus Health, 3400 Quadrangle Blvd., Orlando, FL 32817-on the corner of University Boulevard, just blocks from the main UCF campus (and on the shuttle route).
Seminars will be led by UCF Pegasus Health physicians, other medical providers and experts from the community on a number of topics, including:
• Preparing for Open Enrollment: Maximizing Your Healthcare Investment (Tuesday, Oct. 7, Noon – 1 p.m.)
• Preparing for Open Enrollment: Maximizing Your Healthcare Investment (Wednesday, Oct. 8, 6 p.m. – 7 p.m.)
• Cyber Security 101: What Every Child (and parent) Should Know Before Going Online (Tuesday, Oct. 21, 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.)
• Understanding and Managing Prediabetes (Wednesday, Oct. 22, 9 a.m. – 10 a.m.)
• How to be a Good Healthcare Consumer (Wednesday, Oct. 29, 10 a.m. – 11 a.m.)
• Accurate Blood Pressure Monitoring At Home (Wednesday, Oct. 29, 2 p.m. – 3 p.m.)
• Caring for the Caregiver (Thursday, Oct. 30, 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.)
• Psychological Strategies for Making Healthy Behavioral Changes (Wednesday, Nov. 5, Noon – 1 p.m.)
• Decoding Vitamins & Minerals – A to Zinc (Wednesday, Nov. 12, Noon – 1 p.m.)
• Preparing to Care for Aging Parents (Monday, Nov. 17, 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.)
• Helping Teens Develop Healthy Habits for a Lifetime – Adults Only, Please (Thursday, Nov. 20, 6 p.m. – 7 p.m.)
• Protecting Your Online Identity (Wednesday, Dec. 10, 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.)
• The Science of Meditation and Stress Management (Thursday, Dec. 11, 6 p.m. – 7 p.m.)
Additional seminars will be added during the coming weeks. To view a complete list of topics and register, visit. UCFPegasusHealth.org. Space is limited, so registration is strongly advised.