Maria Cannarozzi, M.D.
Not accepting new patients.
Dr. Maria Cannarozzi is board certified in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics. Her clinical interests include wellness and healthy weight management, adolescent medicine, school performance and women’s health.
Dr. Cannarozzi received her M.D. at the University of South Florida College of Medicine after achieving a B.S.N. at the University of Central Florida and her O.D. at the University of Houston College of Optometry.
Dr. Cannarozzi currently serves on national committees for the Clerkship Directors in Internal Medicine (CDIM) and the National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME). She also serves on the Florida Chapter of the American College of Physicians (ACP) as a regional member of the statewide Governor’s Advisory Council and as a judge for national medical student and resident abstract competitions for the ACP. She has been named to the Best Doctors in Orlando list for the past several years.
- O’Brien KE, Cannarozzi ML, Torre DM, Mechaber AJ, Durning SJ. Training and Assessment of CXR/Basic Radiology Interpretation Skills: Results from the 2005 CDIM Survey. Teaching and Learning in Medicine 2008; (20)2: 157-162.
- O’Brien KE, Cannarozzi ML, Torre DM, Mechaber AJ, Durning SJ. Training and Assessment of ECG Interpretation Skills: Results from the 2005 CDIM Survey. Accepted to the Journal of General Internal Medicine 3/07; awaiting publication.
- Cannarozzi ML, Cooke R, O’Brien KE. An Atypical Presentation of Hereditary Coproporphyria. Submitted to the New England Journal of Medicine 12/08.
- Cannarozzi M, Nixon L. Midlife. In: Medical Ethics and Humanities. Jones and Bartlett Publishers. Sudbury, Massachusetts. publication pending 2009.
- Clerkship Directors’ Opinion Regarding Preparation for Basic Clinical Skills during Years 1 and 2: Results of the 2002 CDIM Basic Science Survey. Cannarozzi ML, O’Brien KE, Wallach PM, Crespo LM, Elnicki DM. Presented at the 2005 SGIM National Meeting, New Orleans.
- The Clinical Skills Curriculum: A Web-Based Learning Module to Enhance Students’ Skills in Interpretation of Basic Diagnostic Studies. Cannarozzi ML, Bognar BA, O’Brien KE. Accepted to the 2005 CDIM National Meeting in Portland, Oregon (did not attend due to Hurricane Wilma), additional data presented at the 2006 SGIM national Meeting, Los Angeles.
- Training and Assessment of CXR/Basic Radiology Interpretation Skills: Results from the 2005 CDIM Survey. Cannarozzi ML, O’Brien KE, Papp KK, Durning SJ. Presented at the 2006 Association of Medical Educators in Europe Meeting in Genoa, Italy and the 2006 CDIM National Meeting, New Orleans.
- Medical Students Have Emotional Intelligence Similar to General Population. Goldin SB, Brannick MT, Wahi M, Paidas C, Arce M, Cannarozzi ML, Johnson H, Nazian, SJ. Presented at the 2008 3rd Annual Academic Surgical Congress, Huntington Beach (Quick Shot Mini-Oral Presentation).
- MS-12: A Valid Instrument for Measuring Medical Student Quality of Life. Goldin SB, Wahi MM, Brannick MT, Schrock CE, Farooq AS, Arce M, Wigand LR, Carpenter HL, Borgman HA, Paidas CN, Cannarozzi ML, Nixon LL. Presented at the 2008 Association for Surgical Education Annual Meeting, Toronto.
“Wonderful, attentive patient care. Comforting bed-side manner and always willing to listen to patient complaints.” – Review from Healthgrades
Excellent Physician, she is very attentive and spent enough time to listen and understand my concerns, and I never felt rushed. Highly recommend! – Review from Healthgrades