Marcia Katz, M.D.
Dr. Katz is the Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs at the UCF College of Medicine. She is board certified in pulmonary disease, internal medicine, and critical care medicine. At UCF Health, her practice focuses on the multidisciplinary care of patients with lung disease, including asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), bronchiectasis, and interstitial lung disease. She is a nationally recognized expert in the care of adults with cystic fibrosis.
Dr. Katz received her M.D. at Boston University School of Medicine after earning an undergraduate degree in biology at Brown University. She did her internal medicine residency at Boston City Hospital and her fellowship training in pulmonary and critical care from The Pulmonary Center at Boston University School of Medicine.
Prior to coming to UCF in 2016, Dr. Katz served in multiple leadership roles at the Baylor College of Medicine. She was Associate Chair of Medicine for Clinical Affairs, Medical Director of the Department of Medicine for the Faculty Group Practice, and Chief of Adult Medicine at Texas Children’s Hospital/The Pavilion for Women. She was the director of the Maconda Brown O’Connor, Ph.D. Adult Cystic Fibrosis Center at Baylor College of Medicine, where she was also the Brown Foundation Endowed Professor of Adult Cystic Fibrosis. She led the clinical mission of practice sites and affiliated institutions with a renewed focus on patient-centered care with the highest quality and safety. As head of adult medicine at TCH, she planned and helped build the Pavilion for Women, a state-of-the-art 110-bed OB-GYN hospital that opened in 2012.
- Tang S, Moonnumakal SP, Stevens B, Douglas G, Mason S, Schmitt ES, Eng CM, Katz M, Fang Characterization of a recurrent 3.8 kb deletion involving exons 17a and 17b within the CFTR gene, J Cyst Fibrosis. 2013:12(3):290-4
- Moran A, Brunzell C, Cohen RC, Katz M, Marshall BC, Onady G, Robinson KA, Sabadosa KA, Stecenko A, Slovis B, the CFRD Guidelines Committee. Clinical Care Guidelines for Cystic Fibrosis – Related Diabetes: A position statement of the American Diabetes Association and a clinical practice guideline of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, endorsed by the Pediatric Endocrine Society, Diabetes Care, 2010 December; 33(12):2697-2708.
- Moskowitz SM, Emerson JC, McNamara S, Shell RD, Orenstein DM, Rosenbluth D, Katz MF, Ahrens R, Hornick D, Joseph PM, Gibson RL, Aitken ML, Benton WW, Burns JL. Randomized Trial of biofilm testing to select antibiotics for cystic fibrosis airway infection, Pediatric Pulmonology, 2010 October 20 (published ahead of print).
- Z Safdar, MF Katz, AE Frost. Computed axial tomography evidence of left atrial enlargement: a predictor of elevated pulmonary capillary wedge pressure in pulmonary hypertension, International Journal of General Medicine, December 2009, Volume 2010:3.
- CM Oermann, C Wheeler, S Cumming, MF Katz. A Pilot Study Evaluating the Potential Use of Low Dose Methotrexate as an Anti-Inflammatory Therapy for CF Lung Disease, Pediatric Pulmonology, Supplement 30, 258, 2007
“This was one of the best experiences I have ever had with a doctor. Dr. Katz listened to me, did not dismiss my concerns, and allayed my worries. I appreciate that! Thanks!!” – Review from Google
“Hands down the best doctor I have ever had.” – Review from Google