David Weinstein, M.D., FAAD, FACMS
Dr. Weinstein is only accepting new patients for Mohs surgery.
David Weinstein is a board-certified dermatologist with specialty training in Mohs surgery for the treatment of skin cancer. He is also an Assistant Professor of Medicine at the UCF College of Medicine. Dr. Weinstein focuses on medically complex dermatology, including skin issues related to rheumatic diseases such as lupus. Dr. Weinstein has a passion for the new products and procedures that safely allow patients to slow down the aging process and restore youthfulness to their skin.
Dr. Weinstein earned his M.D. at the University of Florida. He was chief dermatology resident at New York Medical College and completed his procedural dermatology fellowship at Good Samaritan Trihealth in Cincinnati. He is a fellow of the American College of Mohs Surgery and American Academy of Dermatology.
Born in the Orlando suburb of Maitland, Dr.Weinstein graduated from Winter Park High School before getting his B.A. at Brown University. During his medical training, he has done research on wound healing. Dr. Weinstein is one of a handful of physicians in the Orlando area that is fellowship trained in Mohs surgery and certified with the American College of Mohs Surgery.
Dr. Weinstein and staff are all GREAT! He is patient, kind and skilled. He took excellent care of my husband’s skin cancers via Mohs surgery. Kiana was a wonderful assistant, too! Reception desk ladies were all wonderful. They all worked to make sure everything went just right!Carol Mosher7/10/2020
My experience was exceptional. Dr Weinstein’s bedside manner put me at ease as he explained exactly what he was doing throughout the procedure. Victoria was great as his assistant getting me prepared beforehand as well as explaining the aftercare process with me. I highly recommend Dr Weinstein and his team! Thank you so much for a job well done! Sincerely, Ken WestKen West12/05/2019
𝖡𝖾𝗌𝗍 dermatology doctor I have ever had. He took care of my skin condition and was not afraid to provide treatment as other two well known dermatologist doctors did in the past. Dr. Weinstein has great listening skills, cares about his patients and always offer the best treatment options. Thank you Dr. Weinstein! I can honestly say I love to see my skin again.Marian Garcia4/04/2019
- Weinstein D, Leininger J, Hamby C, Safai B. Diagnostic and Prognostic Biomarkers in Melanoma. The Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology. 2014 Jun; 7(6): 19-30.
- Gowda S, Weinstein D, Blalock T, Gandhi K, Mast B, Chin G, Schultz G. Topical Application of Recombinant Platelet-Derived Growth Factor Increases the Rate of Healing and the Level of Proteins that Regulate This Response. International Wound Journal. 2013 Oct 7.
- Weinstein D, Highsmith J, Krishnan L, Leininger J, Shulman K. Asymptomatic Solitary Dermal Plaque. The Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology. 2013 Dec; 6(12): 47-49.
- Weinstein D, Yang Q, Gibson D, Schultz G. Treatment of Ischemic Full Thickness Skin Wounds in Athymic Rats with Human Stem Cells Accelerates Healing. Symposium on Advanced Wound Care; Dallas, TX. April 2011. (Poster)
- Escandon J, Vivas A, Tang J, Weinstein D, Bonilla-Martinez Z, Keegan B, Miteva M, Romanelli P, Kirsner R. Tumor Necrosis Factor-Alpha and Recalcitrant Venous Leg Ulcers: A Pilot Study to Determine the Effect of Anti TNF-alpha Therapy. Symposium on Advanced Wound Care; Dallas, TX. April 2011. (Poster)
- Weinstein DA, de Araujo T. Chapter 20: Atypical Wounds in Wound Care Essentials: Practice Principles. 3rd ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. 2011.
- Weinstein DA, Kirsner RS. Refractory Ulcers: The Role of Tumor Necrosis Factor-α. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. 2010 Jul; 63(1):146-54.